Thursday, October 7, 2010

The beginning....

My husband and constant source of irritation, I meant inspiration, has a long history as a skater.  He is into rhythm/dance and speed skating.  Last year he brought a few friends to a roller derby match in Yonkers, NY to see a Suburbia bout.  From this day on, skating to disco music no longer held meaning.  I had found my calling, aka midlife crisis!  I wanted to be a middle aged roller derby girl.  I am currently known as Fresh Meat Nancy.

This blog will attempt to follow my rise (and hopefully no fall) from Fresh Meat to League member. I will detail the painful journey each step of the way and attempt to include humorous annedotes when possible.

For your entertainment, please see Bruise #1 below. This 5 inch thigh mark of bravery is in it's 7th day of recovery. Thank goodness for Fall and black tights.


No comments:

Post a Comment